Re: Problems with lmodern and FreeType (old style figures, etc.)

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 19:58 +0200, Florent Rougon wrote:
> I have done some progress, but I cannot say everything is sorted out
> yet.
[...]
>   - t1lib works fine with all lmodern versions (AFAIK);
>
>   - FreeType works fine with 0.92 but not with 0.99.3;

Thanks for the thorough analysis.

>   - there is also the small caps issue (#354537), which would look like
>     a fontconfig problem at a first glance, but again happens with
>     lmodern 0.99.3 and *not* with 0.92...

This one is really odd, since the LM small caps are in a completly
different font. For the OsF (and the different variants in MinionPro),
the dot in the glyph name at least gives a hint.

> Well, I don't know what to do next to move forward. Maybe it is time to
> talk to the FreeType maintainers...

I think so, too. Most likely, I won't have time for this during the next
week. Anybody?

cheerio
ralf