Re: SVN lmodern commit: r1203 - in lmodern/trunk/debian: . sed_scripts

Hi all!

On Don, 20 Apr 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> >> IIRC gfontview uses t1lib, not the methods provided by X11. And I am
> >> pretty sure that this is an X11 bug, not a bug in the fonts.

Nup, I now believe that it is a freetype or fontconfig bug. The same
happens in
- openoffice
- gedit
- xfontsel
and I would suppose it will happen in practically all applications that
use freetype.

That would also explain why gfontview works, since it does not rely on
freetype, but its own libt1. Unfortunately there are not many other
applications still present which actually use libt1 so that I can check
this assumption.

This would explain also why it happens in xfontsel, because internally
the type1 rendered in X is freetype.

So what do you think, who will be the real culprit? fontconfig or
freetype, and in which way?

...[Arthur] leapt to his feet like an author hearing the
phone ring...
                 --- Who says that the character of Arthur isn't
                 --- autobiographical?