Re: SVN lmodern commit: r1203 - in lmodern/trunk/debian: . sed_scripts

Hi Ralf!

On Don, 20 Apr 2006, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> http://www.tfkp.physik.uni-erlangen.de/~ralf/debian/xfontsel-minion.png

Well, Minion (not Pro) is one of the fonts I tried to get working with
the expert sets in OOo, and it was hopeless. always getting more or less
the same result as you showed also in Ooo.

Much work here. I have written long long explanations on the Ooo tracker
to explain the problem, but there seems not to be enough
time/money/energy to fix it.

> IIRC gfontview uses t1lib, not the methods provided by X11. And I am
> pretty sure that this is an X11 bug, not a bug in the fonts.

Good, so should we file a bug report? Who?

HODDLESDEN (n.)
An 'injured' footballer's limb back into the game which draws applause
but doesn't fool anybody.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff