Re: updmap-sys vs. updmap (was: Error upgrading tetex-extra (experimental))

Hi Frank,

> after teTeX appended the -sys suffix to the administrators' scripts,
> there seems to be a problem with appending the same suffix to
> administrators' minds...

Well, the users on this system will remind the administrators if the
changes they have asked for are not visible to them, won't they?

Really, I am more for simple solutions with good documentation than
for solutions which try to be smart and have more complicated rules
and exceptions.

> > Ok, thanks! I forget updmap-sys again and again :-(.

  Piet Hein:

  The road to wisdom?
  Well it's plain
  and simple to express:

  Err
  and err
  and err again
  but less
  and less
  and less.

> What about a patch like the following?

I don't like it, but if you want to implement it: go ahead!

> +      TEXMFVAR="`kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFSYSVAR`"
> +      TEXMFCONFIG="`kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFSYSCONFIG`"
> +      export TEXMFVAR TEXMFCONFIG

Why not
  exec fmtutil-sys "$@"
? :-)