Re: updmap-sys vs. updmap

Thomas Esser <te@dbs.uni-hannover.de> wrote:

> I don't like it, but if you want to implement it: go ahead!

It's currently already in our experimental packages, but I'm not yet
decided whether we really want this in a stable release.  I mainly
implemented it so that Debian packages that call fmtutil and updmap will
not suddenly stop working when teTeX-3.0 enters Debian unstable, and we
have some time for filing bug reports.

>> +      TEXMFVAR="`kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFSYSVAR`"
>> +      TEXMFCONFIG="`kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFSYSCONFIG`"
>> +      export TEXMFVAR TEXMFCONFIG
>
> Why not
>   exec fmtutil-sys "$@"
> ? :-)