Re: Error upgrading tetex-extra (experimental)

Frank Küster schrieb am 18.08.2005 12:41:

> Christoph Bier <christoph.bier@web.de> wrote:

[...]

>> ... !!! ERROR! The map file `MinionPro.map' has not been found
>> at all. ...
>>
>> chris@lotus:~$ kpsewhich MinionPro.map
>> /home/chris/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/MinionPro/MinionPro.map
>>
>> But Root doesn't find map files in $TEXMFHOME:
>>
>> root@lotus:~# kpsewhich MinionPro.map root@lotus:~#
>
> If you have map files in TEXMFHOME, you can't have them
> referenced in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/.  You must use the mechanism
> provided by update-updmap's option --conf-dir and --output-file.
> This is only documented in "updmap --help".

Which output file?

root@lotus:~# update-updmap -c /home/chris/.texmf-config/
root@lotus:~# updmap
updmap: This is updmap, version 1107552857
updmap: using transcript file `/root/.texmf-var/web2c/updmap.log'
!!! ERROR! The map file `MinionPro.map' has not been found at all.

The same with '-c /home/chris/.texmf-var/fonts/map/'. Sorry, I don't
know what to do.

> We should probably retitle this bug "Please update
> update-updmap's man page".

I think it would be a good idea to inform the user about this
options if updmap (or installation) fails because of the above. Or
much better: can't it be automated? It's not that unusual to have
own fonts and related files in $TEXMFHOME.

Thanks,
    Christoph
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln: http://www.zvisionwelt.de/typokurz.pdf (1.4)