Re: Error upgrading tetex-extra (experimental)

Ralf Stubner schrieb am 18.08.2005 14:22:

> Christoph Bier <christoph.bier@web.de> writes:
>
>>Frank Küster schrieb am 18.08.2005 12:41:
>
>>>If you have map files in TEXMFHOME, you can't have them
>>>referenced in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/.  You must use the mechanism
>>>provided by update-updmap's option --conf-dir and --output-file.
>>>This is only documented in "updmap --help".
>>
>>Which output file?
>>
>>root@lotus:~# update-updmap -c /home/chris/.texmf-config/
>
> I *think* update-updmap with this option is meant to be run as normal
> user.

Yes, sure, but the problem is that upgrading tetex-extra fails if
you place all your font related files in $TEXMFHOME. I don't think
that this is rare scenario.

> Output would probably be ~/.texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg. The
> config dir would be something like ~/.texmf-config/web2c/updmap.d/, or
> whereever you store the updmap.cfg snippets.

That's it on my laptop where I use a teTeX 3.0 installation from
source. But I didn't had to call updmap by user chris. Or maybe I
actually did with sudo (I'm in the admin group that gains root
privileges by calling sudo)??

Regards,
     Christoph
--