Re: texinfo/info packages and TeX live

Hi all!

On Fre, 19 Aug 2005, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 08:54:07AM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
> > I would prefer to indicate why we NMU, like "to adress bug #..)
>
> Also, the general principle about NMUs is to make as few changes as
> possible to the package to fix the specific bug in question.  If the

Frank, what do you think? It is true that normally NMUs are like this.
BUt on the other hand, I cannot adopt texinfo (I am not a DD), and we
haven't heard anything from Josip about this. And tetex-3.0 is due to
upload.

What shall we/I do? I definitely don't want to fix only the old package
to go well with teTeX, sorry. I don't see any reason for this.

On Fre, 19 Aug 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> If Karl thinks there are changes which should be included, do so, but
> make it clear that you did.

I will ask him, but I don't think it really is necessary.

> >     (Closes: #320413, #181793, #205022, #204202, #221988, #261742, #277754)
>
> Those bugs aren't all "please update texinfo", are they?  Then it is
> good practice to indicate what they really are about, like
>
>     * New upstream release
>     * This release provides the texi2pdf script (closes: #320413)
>     * Foo is now enabled by default (closes: #123456)

Ok, will do this.

> >> I don't see anything - unless it needs files from tetex-extra to produce
>
> Oh, I forgot something:  Since you take over files from tetex-bin_2.0.2,
> you have to indicate this in the control fields.

Frank, can you give me a quick explanation how this is done?

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
DUGGLEBY (n.)
The person in front of you in the supermarket queue who has just
unloaded a bulging trolley on to the conveyor belt and is now in the
process of trying to work out which pocket they left their cheque book
in, and indeed which pair of trousers.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff