Re: texinfo/info packages and TeX live

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 08:54:07AM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
> Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
>
> > texinfo (4.8-0.1) unstable; urgency=low
> >
> >   * NMU
>
> I would prefer to indicate why we NMU, like "to adress bug #..)

Also, the general principle about NMUs is to make as few changes as
possible to the package to fix the specific bug in question.  If the
maintainer is happy for you to make more changes or to adopt the
package, fine, otherwise stick to the bare minimum (i.e., no
unnecessary packaging changes, no unnecessary changes to debian/rules,
etc.).

   Julian