Re: Problem while install tetex

Prakash Countcham <prakash.countcham@imag.fr> wrote:

> # sh updmap-sys-debug >updmap.lg 2>&1
>

> I wonder if the problem appears only on my computer or if you can reproduce
> it by the following steps :
>
> apt-get remove --purge tex-common tetex-base tetex-bin tetex-doc tetex-extra
> apt-get install -t unstable tex-common
> apt-get install -t experimental tetex-base tetex-bin tetex-doc tetex-extra

No, this I have done lots of times here.  The debug file revealed the
problem, or at least part of it:

+ setupCfgFile
+ locateWeb2c updmap.cfg
+ kpsewhich --format=web2c files updmap.cfg
+ cnfFile=/usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg

So there are two problems.  The first is that there is a file updmap.cfg
in /usr/share/texmf/web2c/ on your system;  I assume that

dpkg -S /usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg

will not give any output.  The file must be some leftover - if it is a
real file, please delete it or move it away; if it is a symbolic link,
please look and tell us where it points to before removing it.

The next question is why this file is taken instead of the one in
$TEXMFVAR.  You have previously sent us:

> # kpsewhich --format='web2c files' updmap.cfg
> /var/lib/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg

This is exactly the same command which is called by updmap, and it has a
different output.

Has this been called in the same setup as you use for installing
packages?  It could, for example, make a difference whether you are
logged in as root on a console or did a "su" after logging in as user,
or from a user Xsession.

To debug this further, please get to a shell as you would do for
installing packages, and send us the output of the following commands:

# kpsewhich --format='web2c files' updmap.cfg
# kpsewhich --expand-var='$TEXMF'
# kpsewhich --format='web2c files' texmf.cnf
# echo $TEXMF
# echo $TEXINPUTS