Re: Problem while install tetex

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> writes:
> I don't know yet.  The error message from updmap is:
>
> updmap: Scanning for MixedMap entries:
>
> !!! ERROR! The map file `bsr-interpolated.map' has not been found at all.
>
>     Either put this file into the right place or remove the
>     reference from the configuration file. An automatic way
>     to disable unavailable map files is to call
>       updmap --syncwithtrees
>
>     For manual editing, call
>       updmap --edit
>
> At the time where tetex-bin was configured, the file should not have
> been tried at all, because it is in tetex-extra.

I don't know why there is a problem. I didn't edit those files. They are
those installed with the tetex packages.

> Can you please send us the output of
>
> $ ls /etc/texmf/updmap.d/
> $ ls /var/lib/tex-common/fontmap-cfg/
> $ grep -l bsr-interpolated /etc/texmf/updmap.d/*

Here are the results I obtain with tetex 2:

# ls /etc/texmf/updmap.d/

00updmap.cfg           00updmap.cfg_keep-for-tetex-base  10lmodern.cfg     20tetex-extra.cfg.dpkg-new
00updmap.cfg.dpkg-old  10arabtex.cfg                     10tetex-base.cfg

# ls /var/lib/tex-common/fontmap-cfg/

ls: /var/lib/tex-common/fontmap-cfg/: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type

# grep -l bsr-interpolated /etc/texmf/updmap.d/*

/etc/texmf/updmap.d/00updmap.cfg
/etc/texmf/updmap.d/00updmap.cfg_keep-for-tetex-base
/etc/texmf/updmap.d/20tetex-extra.cfg.dpkg-new

And here are the results I obtain after the failure of the installation of
tetex3 (I did 'apt-get remove --purge' before trying to reinstall tetex 3):

# ls /etc/texmf/updmap.d/
00updmap.cfg  10arabtex.cfg  10tetex-base.cfg  10tetex-base.cfg.dpkg-old  20tetex-extra.cfg.dpkg-new

# ls /var/lib/tex-common/fontmap-cfg/
tetex-base.list  tetex-extra.list

#  grep -l bsr-interpolated /etc/texmf/updmap.d/*
/etc/texmf/updmap.d/10tetex-base.cfg.dpkg-old
/etc/texmf/updmap.d/20tetex-extra.cfg.dpkg-new

> And send us the files that are in the output of the last command?

I have attached them (20tetex-extra.cfg.dpkg-new is the same with tetex 2 and
tetex 3).

I hope it helps,

--
Prakash