Re: Problem while install tetex

Prakash Countcham <prakash.countcham@imag.fr> wrote:

> Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch> writes:
>> So that is all as expected.  I guess I don't have to ask you whether it
>> still fails - it seems that it isn't using the newly generated
>> updmap.cfg, but instead some other file that shadows it.
>
> You are right, it fails again.
>
>> So please send us the output of the following command, run as root:
>
> # kpsewhich --format='web2c files' updmap.cfg
> /var/lib/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
> # ls -l /var/lib/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 5996 2005-08-08 17:07 /var/lib/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
>
> It seems to be the right file.
>
> Have you got another idea?

Not in the sense that I have a feeling what could cause the error.  But
I'm not at the end of my ideas for debugging...

First of all, let's make things easier by moving all but the necessary
files out of the way.  The necessary files in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/ are
00updmap.cfg and 10tetex-base.cfg.  Please rename all other files whose
name ends in cfg so that it no longer does, e.g.

mv <name>.cfg <name>.cfg.bak

Then run update-updmap (and just to be sure, try "dpkg --configure -a"
again, but I don't expect that this helps).

After that, please run the attached script updmap-sys-debug as root as follows

updmap-sys-debug >updmap.lg 2>&1

and send us the resulting file updmap.lg

#!/bin/sh

# updmap-sys: Thomas Esser, public domain.

v=`kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFSYSVAR`
c=`kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFSYSCONFIG`

TEXMFVAR="$v"
TEXMFCONFIG="$c"