Re: teTeX and TeX Live interoperability

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>
>> Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
>>> Is this a working solution?
>>
>> It seems the best proposed so far, and I currently cannot see the
>> flaws, if it has some.
>
> How would the user finde these config files in TEXMFMAIN? I find the
> configuration files for LaTeX packages really annoying (graphics.sty is
> an exception IMO). But if we have to deal with these configuration
> files, it is better to have them in an central place.

What do you find annoying, and what is better with graphics.cfg?

Couldn't we collect all files that we think are possible configuration
files in TEXMFDIST/tex/latex/cfg (not in config because the ini files
which are already there should not be treated as configuration files)?
We'd put a README file there, telling users how to handle them.