Re: teTeX and TeX Live interoperability

Frank Küster wrote:

> Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:

>> And then there is also the problem (how is it solved in tetex3 in
>> debian) that the updmap.cfg file is in /var/lib/texmf/web2c and is
>> not found, at least I remember such a problem.
>
> I don't remember such problems, unless people somehow had a static
> updmap.cfg in /usr/share/texmf/web2c, where no package has ever put
> it. What do you think about?

Probably #334658, the analysis of this bug let to #334747.

>> But then again, we could move OUT of /etc/texmf *most* files which
>> would be some very comfortable thing.
>>
>> Configuration would be done by copying files from TEXMFMAIN to
>> /etc/temxf and adapting them.
>>
>> Is this a working solution?
>
> It seems the best proposed so far, and I currently cannot see the
> flaws, if it has some.

How would the user finde these config files in TEXMFMAIN? I find the
configuration files for LaTeX packages really annoying (graphics.sty is
an exception IMO). But if we have to deal with these configuration
files, it is better to have them in an central place.

cheerio
ralf