Re: Too many conflicts? (tetex vs. texlive)

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> I don't understand why the ls-R links should be needed; but even if they

Well, I don't know either. I didn't know what the "take over" precisely
meant in Norbert's changelog snipped, but I simply trusted him to better
than I on the subject. Anyway, it is not useful to discuss this any
longer since you agree that the unversioned dependency is acceptable...

> are I think a "Depends: tex-common" is probably enough, especially since
> tex-common_0.7 is already in testing.  If we get any complaints, we can
> always add the stricter advice later.

OK, so Policy doesn't has to be changed on this point.

--
Florent