Re: Too many conflicts? (tetex vs. texlive)

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 16:43 +0200, Florent Rougon wrote:

> updmap(-sys) calls texhash by default before exiting, and fmtutil(-sys)
> calls mktexupd for the files it installs, therefore I think calling
> mktexlsr _after_ either of these commands is useless.

I think you are right.

> Norbert wrote in his dh_installtexfonts:
>
>   Your package should depend on tex-common (>= 0.7)
>
> He probably has a good reason for this, but I don't know that reason.

I don't know the reason either. Norbert, could you enlighten us why a
versioned dependency is needed here?

> Since it appeared these changes weren't yet in SVN (or did I dream
> somehow?), I merged them.

Thanks, I guess I was to unsure about these changes to megre them.

> I think it would be really better to include sample code, maybe as an
> appendix as you suggest.

Ok, I have added (a rudimentary) appendix with postinst and postrm
scripts.

cheerio
ralf