Re: Too many conflicts? (tetex vs. texlive)

Hi Ralf!

On Sam, 15 Okt 2005, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> This file (together with the 'magic comment') is described right after

Ok. Forgot this.

> > Furthermore, I would suggest including some sample code for postinst,
> > postrm, something like this (basically from lmodern):
>
> Hmm, that's long. Maybe some sort of appendix?

Or refer to dh_installtexfonts ... I hope to get it into a state to be
uploaded to Debian quite soon.

> >     configure)
> > 	#
> > 	# Do whatever has to be done for this specific package
> > 	#
> >         update_fontmaps
> >     ;;
> >
> >     abort-upgrade|abort-remove|abort-deconfigure)
> > 	#
> > 	# Do whatever has to be done for this specific package
> > 	#
> >         update_fontmaps
> >     ;;
>
> Why the differentiation between 'configure' and 'abort-upgrade|
> abort-remove|abort-deconfigure'?

Because normally you have to do different things in configure, maybe
something more than just calling update_fontmaps. In cm-super I create
the fonts, eg.

> >         rm -rf /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/cm-super/
>
> I guess that is specific to cm-super, right?

Uuu, forgotten to remove this line

> comments with the map files. For font packages, that only include one or
> two map files, using the map files as argument would be better. But
> debian/$(package).maps might be a compromise. Or one could support both
> versions. I haven't found all that much documentation on writing
> debhelper scripts, though.

Me neither, more cut&paste. But both versions are supported now.

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
FIUNARY (n.)
The safe place you put something and then forget where it was.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff