Re: Too many conflicts? (tetex vs. texlive)

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 20:06 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:

> I would add also the
> 	/var/lib/tex-common/fontmap-cfg/$(package).list
> file which includes a list of .cfg files installed under /etc/texmf/map
> and the special magic string in the .cfg file.

This file (together with the 'magic comment') is described right after
the section I quoted. I just skipped it for brevity, as I had not
changed anything there.

> Furthermore, I would suggest including some sample code for postinst,
> postrm, something like this (basically from lmodern):

Hmm, that's long. Maybe some sort of appendix?

[...]
> case "$1" in
>     configure)
> 	#
> 	# Do whatever has to be done for this specific package
> 	#
>         update_fontmaps
>     ;;
>
>     abort-upgrade|abort-remove|abort-deconfigure)
> 	#
> 	# Do whatever has to be done for this specific package
> 	#
>         update_fontmaps
>     ;;

Why the differentiation between 'configure' and 'abort-upgrade|
abort-remove|abort-deconfigure'?

> case "$1" in
>     remove|disappear)
>         rm -rf /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/cm-super/

I guess that is specific to cm-super, right?

> In fact these stuff could all be included into a dh_installtexfonts:
>
> Preliminary ideas:
> call
> 	dh_installfonts	<map files>
> (or use the $(package).maps file under debian), this would result in:
>
> . creation of a .cfg file including all the maps and the magic comment
> . creation of the respective list file
> . including these snippets above into the control scripts via the
>   #DEBHELPER# line
>
> Wouldn't this be great?

That would be great, indeed. Although #320147 talks about .cfg files as
argument to (the still hypothetical) dh_installtexfonts. This would be
useful for installing tetex-{base,extra} where one wants to keep the
comments with the map files. For font packages, that only include one or
two map files, using the map files as argument would be better. But
debian/$(package).maps might be a compromise. Or one could support both
versions. I haven't found all that much documentation on writing
debhelper scripts, though.

cheerio
ralf