Re: Font packages for teTeX

On Mit, 24 Aug 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> But - if I understood correctly - this totally defeats the purpose of
> symlinks.  If in a setup with

Yes, you are right!

> $dirfoo/gara.pfb -> $dirbar/gara.pfb
> $dirfoo/gara.afm -> $dirbaz/gara.afm
>
> OO.o finds gara.pfb, bug not gara.afm, because it first checks whether
> by chance gara.pfb is a symlink, and looks in the target directory
> $dirbar instead of $dirfoo, this is a bug in OO.o, IMO.

Yes, right, too. But it was like this, at least till 1.9.XXX (can't
remember). The last tests I did with 1.1.4 was also the same.

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
BROMSGROVE
Any urban environment containing a small amount of dogturd and about
forty-five tons of bent steel pylon or a lump of concrete with holes
claiming to be sculpture. 'Oh, come my dear, and come with me. And
wander 'neath the bromsgrove tree' - Betjeman.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff