Re: Debootstrapping Debian-testing from http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ and http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ fails -"faulty" package ifupdown_0.8.6_amd64.deb, no more file retrieval with apt-get install from inside chroot after base package retrieval

Hi Niels, hi Cindy,

> Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> hat am 13. Januar 2016 um 08:07
> geschrieben:
>

> sbeck@secure.mailbox.org:
> > Hi Niels,

> Hi,
>
> Indeed, I suspect that testing is unbootstrapable atm. (but it will be
> again in a few days).  There are a couple of work arounds that may (or
> may not) be suitable for you:
>
>  * bootstrap from snapshot.debian.org
>    - Pick a time+date before ifupdown migrated to testing (see [1])
>  * bootstrap from stable and upgrade from there
>  * bootstrap unstable
>
> Thanks,
> ~Niels
>
> [1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ifupdown

OK, I checked the snapshot.debian.org option (fine to have it!), but,
finally, I have chosen the third option you mention and have successfully
debootstrapped unstable.

Thanks again.

Stephan