Re: Debootstrapping Debian-testing from http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ and http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ fails -"faulty" package ifupdown_0.8.6_amd64.deb, no more file retrieval with apt-get install from inside chroot after base package retrieval

Cindy-Sue Causey:
> On 1/12/16, sbeck@secure.mailbox.org <sbeck@secure.mailbox.org> wrote:
>> Hi Debian-testing members,
>>
>> (I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me. Thanks)
>>
>> I have encountered some problems while debootstrapping a Debian-testing
>> installation into a chroot environment. First I debootstrapped first
>> retrieving the files from (1) and then once again from (2), but with the
>> same results. I did a check using lintian to learn more about the possibly
>> "faulty" package. On the other hand, I could not retrieve any more files
>> after the first debootstrap base package retrieval session. Is it worth
>> filing a bug report?
>> My system: debian-oldstable 32 bits (7.9.) on a 64 bit kernel (4.2.6).
>> debootstrap version 1.0.48+deb7u4
>>

>> [...]
>
> Cindy :)

Hi,

This is a known and temporary issue.

The problem is that ifupdown is (temporarily) uninstallable with udev
(but is installable on its own).  It will disappear when the new version
of udev migrates[1].

Thanks,
~Niels

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/systemd