Re: Debootstrapping Debian-testing from http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ and http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ fails -"faulty" package ifupdown_0.8.6_amd64.deb, no more file retrieval with apt-get install from inside chroot after base package retrieval

Hi Niels,

> Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> hat am 12. Januar 2016 um 23:18
> geschrieben:
>

> Cindy-Sue Causey:
> > On 1/12/16, sbeck@secure.mailbox.org <sbeck@secure.mailbox.org> wrote:
> >> Hi Debian-testing members,
> >>
> >> (I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me. Thanks)
> >>
> >> I have encountered some problems while debootstrapping a
> >> Debian-testing
> >> installation into a chroot environment. First I debootstrapped first
> >> retrieving the files from (1) and then once again from (2), but with
> >> the
> >> same results. I did a check using lintian to learn more about the
> >> possibly
> >> "faulty" package. On the other hand, I could not retrieve any more
> >> files
> >> after the first debootstrap base package retrieval session. Is it
> >> worth
> >> filing a bug report?
> >> My system: debian-oldstable 32 bits (7.9.) on a 64 bit kernel
> >> (4.2.6).
> >> debootstrap version 1.0.48+deb7u4
> >>

> >> [...]
> >
> > Cindy :)
> >

> Hi,
>
> This is a known and temporary issue.
>
> The problem is that ifupdown is (temporarily) uninstallable with udev
> (but is installable on its own).  It will disappear when the new version
> of udev migrates[1].
>
> Thanks,
> ~Niels
>
> [1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/systemd

that's where it was at. Thanks. I forgot to search the BTS :-( Now, I have
read it.
Does that imply that there is currently no way of installing more than the
base packages when debootstrapping debian-testing? After the
debootstrapping (of the base packages) it's apt-get that installs the
other packages selected by the user. But it failed (in my example,
installing ssh) outputting "invalid dist" messages/URLs (see my previous
mail).
Well, let me check the BTS first! :-)

Cheers,

Stephan