Re: Debootstrapping Debian-testing from http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ and http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ fails -"faulty" package ifupdown_0.8.6_amd64.deb, no more file retrieval with apt-get install from inside chroot after base package retrieval

sbeck@secure.mailbox.org:
> Hi Niels,
>

>> [...]
> that's where it was at. Thanks. I forgot to search the BTS :-( Now, I have
> read it.
> Does that imply that there is currently no way of installing more than the
> base packages when debootstrapping debian-testing? After the
> debootstrapping (of the base packages) it's apt-get that installs the
> other packages selected by the user. But it failed (in my example,
> installing ssh) outputting "invalid dist" messages/URLs (see my previous
> mail).
> Well, let me check the BTS first! :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stephan

Hi,

Indeed, I suspect that testing is unbootstrapable atm. (but it will be
again in a few days).  There are a couple of work arounds that may (or
may not) be suitable for you:

 * bootstrap from snapshot.debian.org
   - Pick a time+date before ifupdown migrated to testing (see [1])
 * bootstrap from stable and upgrade from there
 * bootstrap unstable

Thanks,
~Niels

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ifupdown