Re: Instal failiures on a Macintosh LC475

Stephen R Marenka wrote:

Using the testing installer, it crashes with can't get a pty: No such
file or directory.  If I let it run long enough, I get a fclose: no
space left on device.

Yes, that's known; the daily builds for 2.2 are broken currently. We're
working on it :-)

Interesting, I must've missed something because I didn't know about it.
I just tested hd-media from 2005-09-05 and the only problem I
encountered was keyboard related (which could be skipped). It's
currently installing base.
It is possible that if you are creating a new partition, that it doesn't
end up showing up in /proc/partitions. A reboot usually fixes it and
formatting can be done normally after that.

I don't know why that happens sometimes.

Partman never lets me create any partitions. It chokes on "Detecting file systems" or something similar. It hangs; I can ping the machine on the network but otherwise it appears dead. I can type at the keyboard and characters appears on the screen.

I didn't know how to change ttys (I do now) so I can't post log info... I will test tonight or tomorrow and see if I can provide better info.

--Yan