Re: Instal failiures on a Macintosh LC475

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 01:12:03PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 04:10:35PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 06:55:22AM -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:
>
> > > Using the testing installer, it crashes with can't get a pty: No such
> > > file or directory.  If I let it run long enough, I get a fclose: no
> > > space left on device.
> >
> > Yes, that's known; the daily builds for 2.2 are broken currently. We're
> > working on it :-)
>
> Interesting, I must've missed something because I didn't know about it.
> I just tested hd-media from 2005-09-05 and the only problem I
> encountered was keyboard related (which could be skipped). It's
> currently installing base.

Oh? Hmm. Maybe it's me who's confused.

I was talking about joeyh's recent userdevfs changes that I was planning
to test on ska once the manual ghc6 build there has finished. Have those
issues been fixed?

> It is possible that if you are creating a new partition, that it doesn't
> end up showing up in /proc/partitions. A reboot usually fixes it and
> formatting can be done normally after that.
>
> I don't know why that happens sometimes.

Sounds like a race somewhere?

[...]

pavement is precisely one bananosecond