Re: ISPs in Switzerland

martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org> [2008.03.14.1720 +0100]:
I prefer the fixed IP, too, but not for three to five times of the
price I pay now, especially not with lower bandwidth. And since the
primary thing I use the hostname for is ssh, I go fine with dynamic
DNS -- but with my own DynDNS server.

It wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of us approached init7, that
they'd be ready to pass out static IPs for our subscriptions without
making much of a fuss about it.

i'd be very interested in such an offer too, so count me in :)

the cablecom business offers are way too expensive for my purpose (as i'm only interested in a static ip - i don't need a full-fledged business sla with the shortest possible response time etc). on the other hand, i'm hesitant to switch to an init7 private/business contract due to the lower up/down bandwidth it comes with.

an ip-only offer (if possible) would nicely fill the gap ;)

cheers

dani

--
Daniel Mettler                        http://www.numlock.ch/news/