Re: ISPs in Switzerland

Hi all!

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:32:24 +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 01:11:42 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
>> I've been a happy Cablecom customer forever.
>
> I wanted to switch to them a while ago, but it wasn't available in my
> building.  This even more funny if you think that some of the
> technologies behind the Internet was developed at CERN (9km from my
> flat) and the ITU is based in Geneva...

Another funny thing: they don't provide fixed IP addresses for the
"home" hispeed offer, but only for the "office" one (which is slower at
least in dowload [1], more expensive and it seems you don't have other
extra services, e.g. LiveTV).

However, it you go with the business offer, you've more fixed IP address
by default and for less money...

I know about DynDNS & Co., but I'd prefer a fixed IP address.

> I'll go for Cablecom, then.

Given the above and the fact that I don't want to pay I need to
reconsider the Cablecom offers.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] I'm not the only one using the Internet at home, so this point matters