Re: ISPs in Switzerland

Hi Martin!

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 01:11:42 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> [2008.03.06.2116 +0100]:
>> What are your experiences with ISPs in Switzerland?
>
> I've been a happy Cablecom customer forever.

I wanted to switch to them a while ago, but it wasn't available in my
building.  This even more funny if you think that some of the
technologies behind the Internet was developed at CERN (9km from my
flat) and the ITU is based in Geneva...

> If I would switch, I'd go with init7, since I know some folks
> there. But I prefer non-ADSL solutions.

/me too, especially becuase I don't need to pay the phone line, then.

> Anyway, ISPs in Switzerland are a couple years behind the
> surrounding countries in terms of speed/price and quality of
> service.

Unfortunately, I know the situation, which is very similar for mobile
carriers.

I'll go for Cablecom, then.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca