Re: PGX64 driver issue - was: Re: Bullseye planned on sparc64?

Hi Riccardo,

ok, so where could we "hire" a graphics driver developer that would be willing (will get paid) to support the SPARC community? At least with a "decent" X support we can do most of the things. And the more people can use it on SPARC we may attract more people to return to the platform.

Cheers

Iggi

Am 27.08.21, 18:44 schrieb "Riccardo Mottola" <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>:

    Hi,

    Phillip Stevens wrote:

    >     > I can only comment on mach64 on 32 bit Sparc, it was working
    >     fine. The
    >     > desktop was reasonably responsive.
    >
    >     Did you try the mach64 driver that was reintroduced to the Debian
    >     package archive?
    >

    > Not yet.

    How are things with it? I think I use it on the iBook G3, which, while
    not SPARC, is still a Big Endian system. Didn't upgrade since some time.
    it is an incredibly used chip in its many variations, from laptop to
    servers with many variants!

    I'd conribute to a bounty too to improve support for these cards, or
    test myself on this system. Also the newer RV350 based card I have on
    mac has issues with textures an artefacts not seen on intel systems. But
    I don't know if a card based on it was used in Suns.

    Riccardo