Von: Connor McLaughlan <cont6pro3@gmail.com>
Datum: Dienstag, 17. August 2021 um 00:14
An: James Bond <bond6872@googlemail.com>
Cc: "debian-sparc@lists.debian.org" <debian-sparc@lists.debian.org>
Betreff: Re: Q: Bullseye planned on sparc64?

Hi Iggi,

there are no stable releases for the unofficial ports. You have to follow sid if you install a machine with the netinst-iso...

This is currently very close to bullseye but will follow the next sid again and deviate.

Also i am still trying to get my old Suns (Ultra 10, Ultra 25, Blade 100, Blade 2000) working with debian in a stable way.

On Ultra 25 and Blade 100 i have problems with the latest kernels 5.9-5.10 where USB is not working for me. Therefore i am using kernel 5.8. Maybe this is fixable by using a certain USB quirks switch for the kernel, but i have not researched yet if there is a suitable one.

The main problem with debian on my machines is however, that after intensive workload for 2-3 days, my partitions get corrupted into an unfixable state and i have to reinstall debian. I have tried various things to find the culprit, but the logs are inconclusive apart from partitions not getting unmounted successfully at shutdown.

Currently i suspect systemd as the cause and have switched to sysvinit for testing.

I think i can rule out hardware errors, because NetBSD and Solaris run rock solid on those machines without an issue and the issue is similar across several of the old machines. From the reports of other users T1+ are told to be stable and not showing this instability.

So feel free to test i guess. Any usage should be welcome.

Regards,

Connor