Re: Sun Leo (ZX)

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 01:13 +0000, Martin Habets wrote:
>> You could try the fbdev X driver:
>>        Driver          "fbdev"
>> without specifying a BusID.
>
> FWIW, the fbdev driver has historically never worked with Sun
> Framebuffers.

Thanks for the warning :-) Incidentally what's the significance of the

Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"

(or where do I find the appropriate FM) and should I have one in the case of this device?

> It would be worth noting if this leo device is showing up
> in /proc/openprom, although, I can't remember the last time this driver
> was tested, so it could certainly be just a broken driver.

I've got brief mention in /sys (a directory /sys/bus/of/drivers/leo)- allowing that I can't see a startup message in dmesg does this imply anything about the loaded state of the kernel driver?

I can't find anything relevant in /proc/openprom- in case I'm missing something obvious where exactly should I be looking?

I'm working on sorting out a failing disc on this system but am having to interleave with "real" work etc.- if I go quiet it's not because I'm not interested in sorting this out.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk