Re: Sun Leo (ZX)

Please ignore my earlier reply, I had a CG6 plugged into the system rather than a Leo. My apologies for generating noise in the ML and elsewhere :-(

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 01:13 +0000, Martin Habets wrote:
You could try the fbdev X driver:
       Driver          "fbdev"
without specifying a BusID.

FWIW, the fbdev driver has historically never worked with Sun
Framebuffers.

Thanks for the warning, noted.

It would be worth noting if this leo device is showing up
in /proc/openprom, although, I can't remember the last time this driver
was tested, so it could certainly be just a broken driver.

Yes, I've got /proc/openprom/sbus2@2,0/SUNW,leo@2,0. I don't however see anything identifiable in /proc/iomem or /proc/ioports.

I don't see anything relevant in dmesg. With the Leo card I see "Console: switching to mono PROM 80x34" immediately before rtc_init, If I revert to CG6 I see a sensible device identification at that point.

I've checked the version of the kernel I'm booting and worked back to the corresponding .config and can confirm CONFIG_FB_LEO=y.

I'm a woefully inadequate kernel hacker, but is there a possibility that the Leo driver is in the kernel but isn't linked into the list of known video device types?

Alternatively are only some busses being scanned for video devices? Unfortunately the Leo card isn't very movable since on the E4500 IO boards only one pair of connectors has the right spacing.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk