Re: Problem with network booting of an IPX

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 wolfdieter.schmidt@arcor.de wrote:

BTW: I think it makes also sense to update this part (I think for many
platforms):
http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/sparc/ch04s04.html.en

###
# /sbin/rarp -s
client-hostname
client-enet-addr
###

Unfortunately, most of the Sparc installation manual has been copied verbatim from woody and not updated. Do not believe everything you read there :-).

Anyway, I have updated the libc6 packages on my site to the Sarge version and put together a wiki page describing the procedure which I think *might* result in a successful upgrade from Woody to Sarge on sun4c. The page is at

http://wiki.debian.net/?SparcSun4c

Please try it out and document the results there.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org