Re: Problem with network booting of an IPX

Jurij Smakov wrote:
Anyway, I have updated the libc6 packages on my site to the Sarge version and put together a wiki page describing the procedure which I think *might* result in a successful upgrade from Woody to Sarge on sun4c. The page is at

http://wiki.debian.net/?SparcSun4c

Please try it out and document the results there.

Best regards,

Sadly this does not work. The reason is that I simple cannot install
modutils and initrd-tools as suggested in the upgrade document.

both depend on a lot of other software and the dependency chain ends
up in libc6 which causes an error during installation. I tried
to force the installation without libc6, but this causes -- who
wonders -- unsatisfied symbols. So no luck.

I think in the long term I need to switch over to NetBSD which
seems to be the only free OS support such damn old hardware :-)

Cheers
Wolfdieter