Re: Problem with network booting of an IPX

Frans Pop wrote:
On Sunday 12 June 2005 09:04, wolfdieter.schmidt@arcor.de wrote:

I really tried to understand that paragraph over and over:
http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/sparc/ch02s01.html.en#sparc-cpus

And look at the table above, I see sun4cdm
So, I really thought it is supported.

Q: Did I detect a documentation bug?

Yes, the manual needs updating for Sparc. Especially as the flavors that are mentioned there sun4cdm and sun4u no longer exist.

BTW: I think it makes also sense to update this part (I think for many
platforms):
http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/sparc/ch04s04.html.en

###
# /sbin/rarp -s
client-hostname
client-enet-addr
###

Especially this one drove me nuts, since the option -s is not supported
since somewhen in kernel 2.3. The statement below '.. recompile the
kernel ...' is meaningless. You need rarpd and /etc/ethers.

Yep it is written below, but who reads all the manual -- I did not :-(

I think the kernel 2.2 can be safely dropped, or at least moved below
the kernel 2.4 part.

Cheers
Wolfdieter