Re: Problem with network booting of an IPX

On Sunday 12 June 2005 09:04, wolfdieter.schmidt@arcor.de wrote:
> I really tried to understand that paragraph over and over:
> http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/sparc/ch02s01.html.en#sparc-cpus
>
> And look at the table above, I see sun4cdm
> So, I really thought it is supported.
>
> Q: Did I detect a documentation bug?

Yes, the manual needs updating for Sparc. Especially as the flavors that
are mentioned there sun4cdm and sun4u no longer exist.

The current flavors are sparc32 (sun4m) and sparc64 (sun4u).

sun4c is not supported by the official kernels/installation system;
support for sun4d is unknown.

(Jurij, please correct me if I'm wrong.)