Re: saving sparc for etch requalification

Chris Newport wrote:

The Ecache problems only affected 400MHz Ultrasparc II  modules
as used in Enterprise systems. 300 MHz modules were not affected.
UltrasparcIIi modules as used in the Ultra 5/10 were not affected.

Ours were U10, and they definitely had L2 cache problems,
and modules were replaced by Sun, no questions asked.
I think they were 300 Mhz, but I'm not 100 % sure of that.

Anyway, the problem was pretty obvious as the monitor
would display the error directly to the console ...

--
Romain Dolbeau
<romain@dolbeau.org>