Re: saving sparc for etch requalification

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 05:36:31PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> vore is an UltraSPARC II 300Mhz, with 512 MB of RAM, so I doubt that we
> can upgrade a part to make it faster, except the processor. It is not
> able to follow unstable, I would say it could build 80/90% of the
> packages.

ok, and what kind of machine is it? depending on the model i could find
a 450 mhz cpu..., or, if that is any better, i have a U10@450mhz with
512Mb ram and two reasonable fast disks that i could theoretically spare

> I don't know a lot about mrpurply, but looking at the logs, it seems it
> is the same kind of hardware (maybe a bit slower) than vore.

can't find it now but wasn't someone offering a much faster machine just
a few weeks ago?

> So that would say the only problem is to make the buildd running 24x7. I
> have seen that vore and auric are running 2.6.12 kernels. Does the
> instability comes from there? AFAIK there is no stability problem with
> the kernels from sarge. Maybe the machine could use them.

hmm, what kind of stability issues are this? i run 2.6.12 and
2.4.something on two machines and never encountered any problems...

cu  robert

--
Robert Lemmen                               http://www.semistable.com