Re: saving sparc for etch requalification

Aurelien Jarno wrote:

vorlon said the instability appears after a few days, with buildd
running and eating 100% of the CPU.

If the instability affects a 300 Mhz UII module (typically
in an U10 or an U5), then it might very well be faulty hardware.
A lot of modules fitting that description suffered serious
cache problems ; the symptoms were transient uncorrectable
failure in the L2 cache, resulting in a kernel panic.

At my old labs, we had 6 of those delivered in one bunch,
and we had to replace at least 5 or 6 modules (at least one
machine had the module replaced twice).

--
Romain Dolbeau
<romain@dolbeau.org>