Re: Mopping up issues on an old sparc - need advice

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:24:04 -0700
Andrew Sharp <andy@netfall.com> wrote:

> >    First, for some reason dpkg thinks that dialog and whiptail both
> > conflict with debconf. Baffled here. I've never had to force an issue
> > wrt dependencies and conflicts on debian, how do i just beat it in
> > there?
>
> Can't help you there.  Are you sure they are all the woody versions?
> Have you tried --fix-broken?

   Does nothing.

   debconf was v1.2.42. $diety knows why or how because packages.debian.org
seems to imply 1.0.32 for "oldstable" - any ideas how this happened?

   I've also got a nag with autoconf depending on missing "automaken".