Re: SunBlade 2000 fails to netboot

Ben Collins wrote:

http://www.phunnypharm.org/pub/for/sparc-folks/disks-sparc/current/

This tftpboot image booted just fine, but when it got time to install the kernel and driver modules from the network, the default download URL of:
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-sparc/current/
fails with the message:

Host: http://http.us.debian.org:80
File:
debian/dists/woody/main/disks-sparc/current/sparc64/images-2.88/rescue.bin
wget: server returned error 404: HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found^M

This is pretty much (exactly?) the same error message I got from Ben's original link that I mentioned in my first post.

That's because you have to use the phunnypharm.org URL for downloading the
kernel/driver images.

Yea!! The URL

http://www.phunnypharm.org/pub/for/sparc-folks/disks-sparc/current/

seems to be working.

Shouldn't these links be incorporated into the official stable repositories/documentation since the official stuff doesn't work?

Thanks, Ben! You've rescued me again this year!

--
Kent