Re: SunBlade 2000 fails to netboot

Ben Collins wrote:

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 09:39:28AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
I've got four SunBlade 2000s on which I installed Sid last year. However,
because of all sorts of lock-up issues, etc, I've tried to downgrade back to
Woody, with pretty bad results.

The short of it is that I've decided to see if I can wipe one totally clean
and start from scratch.

I pulled down the official tftpboot image from
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-sparc/current/

http://www.phunnypharm.org/pub/for/sparc-folks/disks-sparc/current/

This tftpboot image booted just fine, but when it got time to install the kernel and driver modules from the network, the default download URL of:
 http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-sparc/current/
fails with the message:

Host: http://http.us.debian.org:80
File:
debian/dists/woody/main/disks-sparc/current/sparc64/images-2.88/rescue.bin
wget: server returned error 404: HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found^M

This is pretty much (exactly?) the same error message I got from Ben's original link that I mentioned in my first post.

--
Kent