Re: [Rapidly drifting OT] Re: Direct rendering: No

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 18:43:05 -0400 (EDT)
JLB <jlb@twu.net> wrote:

> > It sounds like it would be worth your while to work on the creator3d
> > xfree86 driver to get the DRM support operational again.  It would
> > be an excellent and welcomed contribution on your part.
> >
> > I look forward to seeing your work.
> >

> I'm a sysadmin, not a driver hacker. Evidently, my opinion is worth less
> (or worthless?) because I haven't the foggiest clue how to write or alter
> a video driver?

Then stick with Sarge.  You have that option too, you know.

What magnificant enterprise wide mission critical application do you need
opengl acceleration for?  Your screensaver?  I definitely feel
(as does Ben Collins the sparc port maintainer) that correct font
rendering is more important than things like that.