Re: Direct rendering: No

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:51:15 -0400 (EDT)
JLB <jlb@twu.net> wrote:

> Also, the only good ATI drivers are closed-source and x86-only. Some of us
> care about such things.

Not true, the xfree86 and x11.org ATI drivers support the 7500
and similar families with full OpenGL acceleration.  I know because
this is what I used to play quake3 on my Athlon for a long time.

> "Well, we turned off all accelerated 3D support so you can have pretty
> fonts, without giving you a choice as to which you find a higher priority;
> if you don't like it, spend 3.5 kilodollars on some fancy-schmantzy Sun
> hardware AND write your own drivers, or just switch to x86."

You are going to complain about free development?  Where are
your coding contributions to the xfree86 support of the creator3d
driver?

> Frankly, I'd rather have accelerated 3D than pretty fonts.

It sounds like it would be worth your while to work on the creator3d
xfree86 driver to get the DRM support operational again.  It would
be an excellent and welcomed contribution on your part.

I look forward to seeing your work.