Re: Sparcstation 10 boot ?

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 13:33, Sean Minotti wrote:
> I'm wondering if the floppy/internet install should end with a SILO
> install but didn't for some reason. Or whether I need to add the path
> and file name to the boot command. Like

Umm, Sparc 10s suffer from a prom bug which prevents booting unless the
partition that /boot is on is contained within the first 1GB of disk.
SILO detects this when trying to install, and won't install if it's not
true.  See if your /boot (or / if no /boot) partition is completely
contained within the first 1GB of disk space.

--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org