Re: Sparcstation 10 boot ?

Gary Parker wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: JLB [mailto:jlb@twu.net] Sent: 06 July 2004 15:58
To: Sean Minotti
Cc: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Sparcstation 10 boot ?

The plural of "floppy" is "floppies".

Well, that was helpful, wasn't it?

Try 'boot disk1', your OpenPROM may have the wrong disk set as it's boot
disk if it's been modified in the past. This is assuming that your internal
hdd(s) are set to the correct (as Sun see it) SCSI IDs.

Gary

Hmm, I don't know what posessed me (thanks for the spelling correction). Unfortunately your suggestion didn't help.

Here's what I get:
ok boot
iommu/sbus/espdma@f400000/esdma@f,800000/sd@3,0 File and args:
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

If I use disk1 it complains that the device isn't there.

I'm wondering if the floppy/internet install should end with a SILO install but didn't for some reason. Or whether I need to add the path and file name to the boot command. Like

boot /sbin/?

All the printenv output looks right.

Thanks again.