Re: Direct rendering: No

I hate to go with a 'me, too' post - but me, too.  :)

Seriously, though - don't simply disable somthing that people are using -
give the user a choice as to what behavior s?he wants.

I too use the 3D support for Creator3D on an older kernel.  If I had upgraded
and found the support removed, I would be just as peeved.

I'm sure there are people who will love to make use of the render extension.
Fine - if you can't have both working simultaniously, then let us choose
at compile time (module load time?) which behavior we want to have.

--
Mike Edwards <sauron@psychology.rutgers.edu>
System Administrator