Re: Questions regarding craphic(s) at SparcSTATION5

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Jon Leonard wrote:
>Unfortunately, the GX cards (all variants) are limited to 8 bit color.
>You might be able to find a 24-bit Sbus card (GS or ZX, I think).

I don't know about GS, but ZX is 24-bit.
I have seen used ZX cards for around $150-200.

Except for getting more colors and avoiding ugly background windows,
24 bits seems to be required by most DivX codecs. Could be fun to watch
some movies on your sparcstation, at least if you have the CPU power...

One thing to note though, is that Solaris no longer supports the ZX
cards. (I think Solaris 6 or 7 was the the latest version supporting
them.)

/Johan Zandin