Re: Questions regarding craphic(s) at SparcSTATION5

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 07:31:06PM +0200, Daniel Lönn wrote:

[sparcstation 5, TurboGX card, X settings]
> SparcSTATION5. but seince I made it with
> (prom)
> setenv ourput-device screen:r1280x1024x67
>
> ... I now have a beautiful desktiop. There's a _huge_ monitor, you see.

If there's enough memory on the card, you should be able to get an even
higher resolution than that.  I've seen GX cards running as high as
1600x1280, but I don't remember which GX variant it was.

> So when the resolution is done, is there _any_ way to get a higher level
> of color depth?
> This is like, what to say... "pseudo color" , the active window has 256
> colors, and the background(s) turn pretty ugly.
> (This, the color part, has not changed seince I switched to the 1280x1024
> resolution, tough)

Unfortunately, the GX cards (all variants) are limited to 8 bit color.
You might be able to find a 24-bit Sbus card (GS or ZX, I think).

Jon Leonard