Re: Annoying problem with X on Sun Ultra 5

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 02:26:03PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:

> Can you test a different monitor to be sure?

Uhhmmm, I borrowed my neighboor's Multiscan E500 and everything worked
just fine. I was able to run all resolutions up to 1600x1200 at 16 bpp.

I brought back the box and connected it to the original G200 (17")
monitor and the same original problem is happening: the monitor goes
black for 1 second every now and then. I hear a 'click' like a relay
opening and closing when this happens. After blacking out the image in
the display comes back as it was.

I don't see any messages in the log files or anything. I am complete
lost here and don't know what else to try. I can't definitely use
the box with this switching going on.

This G200 monitor has been solid as a rock when used with Windows
and Debian (I just disconnected the monitor from my normal laptop
and connected it to the Ultra 5 just to test X on the Ultra.)

Cheers!

Eloy.-